July 30, 2013
Conflicts, Jealousy and Other Multi-Site Deal Breakers
1. System failures (not knowing who is in charge; who connects to who)
2. Senior Pastor Rigamortis (staying in a rut; being afraid to try new things, make changes)
3. Campus Pastor Amnesia (forgets where s/he came from)
4. The 10% Rule (don’t share the final 10% of what s/he is thinking; don’t have “parking lot” meetings)
5. Campus Myopia (short-sightedness of campus pastor)
6. Personality Clashes (DISC assessment; understanding personality of leaders)
7. Spiritual Deafness (failure to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit)
Leadership Matters: The 8 Necessary Leaders of a Healthy Church
1. The Big Picture Leader: can see past the current church
2. The Startup Leader: ability to catch vision and rally troops; gets bored quickly
3. The Forward Motion Leader: knows how to get things done; logistics
4. The Team Builder: ability to develop groups; identify individuals for certain roles
5. The Bridge Builder: works through conflict in individuals and strives for reconciliation; moves sides to work together
6. The Critical Crossroads Leader: works through conflict in change; evaluates & navigates what is being felt/experienced; possesses discernment as a gift
7. The Cheerleader: gift of encouragement; positive attitude and feedback
8. The Pastoral Leader: provide care through empathy and sympathy
As I mentioned before, I spent the day at a multi-site church workshop. Here are some of my notes from the day.
-5 million individuals are worshipping at an off-site campus.
-1/3 of multi-site campuses are video venue.
-There are more multi-site churches than megachurches.
-The average size church that launches a 2nd campus has an average of 860 in weekly worship.
-The average success rate of a new church start is 20%.
-The average success rate of a multi-site launch from a healthy church is 90%.