There is a great kids song by Over The Rhine entitled, “The Poopsmith Song,” (listen on Spotify here) on the album, For The Kids Three. I bring this up because we have started potty training our 2.5yr old this morning. Only a couple hours in, here is what I’ve learned so far:
- Patience truly is a virtue.
- Have plenty of the following on hand: paper towels, jelly beans, pairs of underwear, “potty presents,” hand soap, & did I mention patience?
- Roll-up all of your rugs. If you have carpet, I’m sorry.
- Plan on heading to the potty about every 20mins.
- Have plenty of things to do in the bathroom because you will spend a lot of time in there.
- Don’t freak out over accidents, makes everything else much worse.
What tips, tricks, or funny stories do you have about potty-training?